Body Contouring after Weight Loss
Following considerable weight loss, excess skin can hide your dramatically slimmer body contours. It's a frustrating finish after working so hard to lose the weight, and you deserve to see your results. With body contouring after weight loss in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Partners in Plastic Surgery of West Michigan can help.
Our plastic surgeons understand that every case is different and strive to give each patient a unique, one-of-a-kind experience. We have extensive experience with these procedures, have board-certified anesthesiologists on staff, and perform surgeries in our fully accredited facility. To learn more about body contouring after weight loss, request a free consultation online or call us at (616) 464-4420.
Body Contouring Procedures
Because each person who loses weight has different cosmetic concerns, we tailor body contouring surgeries to an individual's needs. Below are some of the most common procedures that can be used to help you put the finishing touches on your weight loss achievement. Of course, your surgeon will take the time to review your goals individually and give a professional recommendation about what's best for you.
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty): Reshapes the underside of the upper arm from the armpit to the elbow. Removes loose and sagging skin.
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy): Can be performed with or without augmentation. Breasts that are droopy or deflated after weight loss can benefit from being lifted and bringing the nipple to a more youthful position. Implants may be necessary to restore lost volume.
- Breast Reduction: Reduces and lifts the breasts, creating a more proportionate appearance. Relieves pain in the back, neck, and shoulders.
- Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia): Restores a more masculine chest shape by removing excess skin and fat.
- Bra Line Back Lift: Removes hanging skin in the upper back region that might roll over bra straps. The incision can be hidden beneath a bra or bikini top.
- Panniculectomy: Removes the overhanging abdominal skin and fat that is often a result of weight loss.
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty): Improves the appearance and contour of the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, as well as tightening the abdominal muscles.
- Body Lift (Lower Body Lift): Removes excess fat and loose skin in the abdomen, as well as skin folds in the lower back (in order to lift saggy buttocks and hips).
- Thigh Lift: Reshapes the inner thighs by removing excess skin and fat.
Not sure which of these procedures will help slim and contour your body? Have questions about the surgical process or the risks involved? Please contact us and we'll be happy to assist you.